This is the first of a series of Medical vlogs on the topic of Sensory Processing. Adrienne Gaither, OTR, C-SIPT with Autism Community Network, addresses questions on this subject.
What is Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)?
Watch the rest of this medical vlog series:
- What Causes Sensory Processing Disorder?
- What are the symptoms of Sensory Processing Disorder?
- Is Sensory Processing Disorder Treatable?
- Do all children with SPD have Autism?
- Autism Intervention: Parent Mediated Approaches
The following two tabs change content below.
After an extensive career broadcast marketing, Jennifer and her husband searched for answers when their oldest son hit the kinder years with great difficultly. After finally learning that their oldest son had Aspergers Syndrome, she left her career in television and became a full time mother to both of her sons. Jennifer elicited the participation of her sons and together they produced several independent programs including a children’s animated series titled Ameriquest Kids (now distributed by Landmark Media) as well as her documentary and book titled, Coping to Excelling: Solutions for school-age children diagnosed with High-Functioning Autism or Aspergers Syndrome. The need for more information encouraged Jennifer to elicit a team of autism experts to provide weekly, original content to a website free to anyone seeking to live their best under the diagnosis of High-Functioning Autism/Aspergers Syndrome… appropriately titled: Aspergers101.com.
Latest posts by Jennifer Allen (see all)
- Being Sensitive Towards the Siblings of ASD Children - March 29, 2017
- 7 Guideliness of Defining Characteristics of ABA - March 28, 2017
- Beginning School: My Sensory Overloads - March 23, 2017
- Academic and Campus Accommodations for College with Aspergers - March 21, 2017
- Finding the Functions of Behavior in ASD Children - March 16, 2017