Photo: Matt Nager Photography
It is with great enthusiasm that we will welcome Dr. Temple Grandin to San Antonio and South Texas during Autism Awareness Month, April 19th, for an insightful and encouraging evening titled: Unlocking the Potential. We can hardly wait!
Dr. Grandin will share her personal story and insights on how to prepare for a productive life of independence living with Autism. Attendees will also hear from Chief People Officer Tina James to learn how local industry giant HEB is launching an innovative program that utilizes the talents of those on the spectrum. Mr. Ron Lucey, the Executive Director of the Texas Governor’s Committee on People with Disabilities will open the evening with a message from our state’s capitol. Asperger101’s Unlocking the Potential will be an evening well spent for those seeking encouragement and concrete guidance for living to the highest potential with Autism and Asperger Syndrome.
We hope you enjoy! -Aspergers101
5:30p – 6:30p
VIP Meet and Greet with Temple Grandin, Tina James, and Ron Lucey
Hors d’oeuvres in the mezzanine catered by Page Barteau
(VIP Tickets Only)
- Three cheese stuffed mushrooms topped with panko breadcrumbs
- Fresh tomato, house pulled mozzarella and basil skewers drizzled with a balsamic reduction
- Chicken wrapped in bacon and stuffed with jalapeños
- Beef tenderloin sliders served on a yeast roll with raspberry chipotle
Book signing beginning at 6p
Doors open for general admission & continued book signing
7:00p – 8:45p
Jennifer and Samuel Allen
Co-Founders of Aspergers101 and Driving with Autism
Executive Director of the Governor’s Committee on People with Disabilities
- Equal Access to Independence (How Texas is leading the nation in supporting citizens who have diagnoses that could cause communication impediments with a peace officer on the road)
Gail Saltz, MD (special pre-recorded video)
Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill-Cornell School of Medicine and a psychoanalyst with the New York Psychoanalytic Institute
- Pre-recorded video: The Power of Different (Dr. Saltz will not be present but has recorded a special video for the event referring to her latest book, an illuminating and uplifting examination of the link between brain differences and aptitude)
Chief People Officer at HEB
- Bridges: Connecting Extraordinary People to Career Opportunities (Announcing a new program placing college graduates with High-Functioning Autism or Asperger’s in the IS department at HEB)
Temple Grandin, Ph.D.
Inventor and Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University
- Diagnosis to Adulthood: Preparing for a Life of Independence (Dr. Grandin’s personal story and guidance in building a life of independence for those with Asperger’s)
Additional Evening Features
- Signed and personalized framed copy of Dr. Temple Grandin’s livestock handling system design
- Signed Eco-art by Grant Manier and his new personalized children’s book, Grant the Jigsaw Giraffe
- Signed copies of Dr. Temple Grandin’s books
- Gift baskets
- More to be announced!
- Future Horizons book sales: Offerings from the best minds in the field, providing a wide variety of approaches to the challenges of Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome. Dr. Grandin will be available for book signings.
- “Unlocking the Potential” event t-shirts & merchandise
- Autism Community Network hosts a table of information on Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome
Join us at the beautiful Pearl Stable,
The following two tabs change content below.
After an extensive career broadcast marketing, Jennifer and her husband searched for answers when their oldest son hit the kinder years with great difficultly. After finally learning that their oldest son had Aspergers Syndrome, she left her career in television and became a full time mother to both of her sons. Jennifer elicited the participation of her sons and together they produced several independent programs including a children’s animated series titled Ameriquest Kids (now distributed by Landmark Media) as well as her documentary and book titled, Coping to Excelling: Solutions for school-age children diagnosed with High-Functioning Autism or Aspergers Syndrome.
The need for more information encouraged Jennifer to elicit a team of autism experts to provide weekly, original content to a website free to anyone seeking to live their best under the diagnosis of High-Functioning Autism/Aspergers Syndrome… appropriately titled: Aspergers101.com.