We at Aspergers101 would like to thank all who’ve taken part in getting the “Driving with Autism and other Communication Impediments” initiative state-wide in Texas! Through your comments we’ve edited the final Public Service Announcement, added closed captioning and it is now airing across Texas on both TV and radio stations…thank you! The framed posters and informative tri-fold brochures are now in all DPS Driver License Offices informing citizens of their option to utilize the restriction code informing law enforcement of the diagnosis of: Autism, Asperger Syndrome, Deafness, Parkinson’s Disease, Mild Intellectual Disability, Down Syndrome, Mutism and other communication challenges. You will begin to see other diagnosis highlighted, we will have someone whose been deaf since birth sign in a PSA similar to Sams. What a blessed journey this has been for our family…to God be the Glory, great things he has done. – Jennifer Allen/Founder & CEO Aspergers101
So what is a communication impediment with a Peace Officer?
Most common diagnosis include: Autism, Asperger Syndrome, Mild intellectual disability, Deafness, Speech & languages disorders, Expressive Language Disorder, Down Syndrome, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Deafness, Brain Injury or Parkinson’s Disease.
How can you get Communication Impediment with a Peace Officer on your Texas driver license or state ID?
Only two actions required:
1. Have your doctor complete and sign a Physician’s Statement, Form DL101, affirming the Autism, Asperger, speech disability or other appropriate diagnosis.
2. On driver license application KL14A/S be sure and complete line 7 on the form.
For more information contact Jennifer Allen at: email@example.com or go to: https://aspergers101.com/drivingwithautism/
Latest posts by Jennifer Allen (see all)
- Respecting Neurological Differences and Decreasing Stress for the ASD Student in Class - November 21, 2019
- Free 4 You: Driving With Autism webinar kicks off Thursday - November 19, 2019
- The Sibling(s): Born Into An ASD World - November 8, 2019
- Aspergers101 presents: Dr. Temple Grandin Tips for Interviewing Success - November 7, 2019
- Tonight! Social Development - November 4, 2019