If you live in Bexar or Comal county in Texas, and have a child with a developmental disability, this is a must read from Alfred Chavira, the Director of Health and Wellness Programs for the Any Baby Can organization.
Introducing “Any Body Can” health and wellness program, offering the entire family a fitness/nutrition program too good to pass up! If you do not live in the south-central Texas region, inquire about similar programs in your area. Here are the details, along with downloadable flyers containing more information.
Any Body Can is a 3 month exercise and nutrition program designed specifically for people with unique learning abilities. We strive to promote nutrition education, physical fitness, & inclusion of individuals diagnosed with developmental disabilities through the offerings of recreational fitness, fitness exploration, nutrition education, and family involvement.
Our program is available to all families with a school-aged child (4-21 years) diagnosed with a developmental disability. All services provided are free of cost and we serve residents in Bexar and Comal counties.
- All participating families will receive:
- 8 weekly visits from an adaptive fitness specialist
- 4 parent nutrition education classes
- YMCA registration fee provided
- Wellness navigator/ fitness journal
- Type 2 Diabetes prevention education
- The whole family is included
- Bi-weekly group exercise classes for parents
If you would like to participate please feel free to contact us:
Any Baby Can
(210) 227-0170, or
Below are two downloadable flyers:
Every child deserves a chance at a better life, and with the right support they can achieve maximum potential.
By Alfred Chavira | Director of Health and Wellness Programs
Latest posts by Alfred Chavira (see all)
- Three Useful Technology Resources to Boost Exercise - May 18, 2017
- Easing the mind and relaxing the body, Yoga as a practice for ADHD - January 9, 2017
- 3 Steps to get Your Child on an Exercise Routine - August 1, 2016
- Gyms, Teenagers, and Asperger’s - May 9, 2016
- Free Health and Wellness Program with Any Baby Can - February 24, 2016