While waiting during a flight delay, Dr. Temple Grandin who is well known for her inventions with livestock handling facilities, best-selling author and advocate on behalf of those with Autism, granted me her time over the phone today. Among the myriad of topics discussed was her strong recommendation for me to read today’s headline published in USA Today. The headline reads: AUTOMATION IS THE GREATEST THREAT TO THE ECONOMY, BUT MAY ALSO BE ITS BIGGEST OPPORTUNITY. Temple went on to say that for those with a specialized interests, who embrace robotics, artificial intelligence and automation may find themselves in a good position within our future workplace.
Within the USA Today article, Bill Brennan, audit transformation leader for PricewaterhouseCoopers, states that he is now hiring employees with backgrounds in science, technology and engineering. “We need those individuals to help us as we get into data analysis, analytics, data security, cloud computing. The future employee is going to have a combination of those skills,” Brennan said.
Dr Grandin said this article is a must-read for anyone on the Autism Spectrum or with Asperger Syndrome for many of these job availabilities will match their skills set. Upon her encouragement, we’ve posted the article for you to read below.
by: Jennifer Allen
Latest posts by Jennifer Allen (see all)
- Getting an ASD Diagnosis in Elementary School: A Crucial Window of Time - February 13, 2017
- Today’s discussion with Dr. Temple Grandin - February 6, 2017
- Dr. Temple Grandin: Practice Prior to Drivers Ed - February 2, 2017
- Manners are Essential for Developing Social Skills for Those with Autism - February 1, 2017
- Expectation Levels for People with ASD: Square blocks do not fit into circular holes - January 27, 2017