While waiting during a flight delay, Dr. Temple Grandin who is well known for her inventions with livestock handling facilities, best-selling author and advocate on behalf of those with Autism, granted me her time over the phone today. Among the myriad of topics discussed was her strong recommendation for me to read today’s headline published in USA Today. The headline reads: AUTOMATION IS THE GREATEST THREAT TO THE ECONOMY, BUT MAY ALSO BE ITS BIGGEST OPPORTUNITY. Temple went on to say that for those with a specialized interests, who embrace robotics, artificial intelligence and automation may find themselves in a good position within our future workplace.
Within the USA Today article, Bill Brennan, audit transformation leader for PricewaterhouseCoopers, states that he is now hiring employees with backgrounds in science, technology and engineering. “We need those individuals to help us as we get into data analysis, analytics, data security, cloud computing. The future employee is going to have a combination of those skills,” Brennan said.
Dr Grandin said this article is a must-read for anyone on the Autism Spectrum or with Asperger Syndrome for many of these job availabilities will match their skills set. Upon her encouragement, we’ve posted the article for you to read below.
by: Jennifer Allen
Latest posts by Jennifer Allen (see all)
- Aspergers and Drivers Ed: The Options Available to You - April 24, 2017
- Components of a Behavior Intervention Plan - April 18, 2017
- Interview with a Mother and Son Team Making a Book About Excelling with Differences - April 17, 2017
- A Parent’s Perspective on Choosing your Child with Autism Over the Judgment of Others - April 13, 2017
- What are the Symptoms of Sensory Processing Disorder? VIDEO - April 12, 2017