There is a new trend in Autism intervention called: Parent Mediated Approaches.
Carrie Alvarado, Occupational Therapist with the Autism Community Network, explains how this practice may benefit siblings, parent-child connections, and possibly decrease levels of parental stress or depression.
We divided this up into 3 Vlogs:
1) What are Parent Mediated Approaches?
2) Reasoning Behind the Surge of Parent Mediated Approaches
3) The Research Supporting Parent Mediated Approaches and its benefits
The Autism Community Network is located in San Antonio, Texas with an emphasis on collaboration with autism service providers, early diagnosis, and providing services to underserved young children and their families.
This Medical Vlog series is graciously underwritten by:
Latest posts by Jennifer Allen (see all)
- Parenting Styles to Support Children into an Independent Adulthood - September 24, 2018
- To Change Unwanted Behavior in ASD Children You Have to Find its Purpose - September 21, 2018
- Lessons Learned from Kids with Diverse Abilities - September 20, 2018
- Challenging Behaviors and Appropriate Skills in ABA Explained - September 13, 2018
- Aspergers 101 FAQ has launched! - September 10, 2018