There is a new trend in Autism intervention called: Parent Mediated Approaches.
Carrie Alvarado, Occupational Therapist with the Autism Community Network, explains how this practice may benefit siblings, parent-child connections, and possibly decrease levels of parental stress or depression.
We divided this up into 3 Vlogs:
1) What are Parent Mediated Approaches?
2) Reasoning Behind the Surge of Parent Mediated Approaches
3) The Research Supporting Parent Mediated Approaches and its benefits
The Autism Community Network is located in San Antonio, Texas with an emphasis on collaboration with autism service providers, early diagnosis, and providing services to underserved young children and their families.
This Medical Vlog series is graciously underwritten by:
Latest posts by Jennifer Allen (see all)
- Strategy for Asperger Students: Mini-Maps - December 14, 2018
- - December 13, 2018
- Tips for the Aspergers Driver When Being Pulled Over by an Officer - November 29, 2018
- Using Mini-Maps to Plan for Challenging Behavior in the Community - November 28, 2018
- Aspergers101 helps families cope with autism - November 21, 2018