There is a new trend in Autism intervention called: Parent Mediated Approaches. Carrie Alvarado (Occupational Therapist with the Autism Community Network) explains how this practice may benefit siblings, parent-child connections, and possibly decrease levels of parental stress or depression.
We divided this up into 3 Vlogs:
1) What are Parent Mediated Approaches?
2) Reasoning Behind the Surge of Parent Mediated Approaches
3) The Research Supporting Parent Mediated Approaches and its benefits
The Autism Community Network is located in San Antonio, Texas with an emphasis on collaboration with autism service providers, early diagnosis, and providing services to underserved young children and their families.
This Medical Vlog series is graciously underwritten by:
Latest posts by Jennifer Allen (see all)
- Offering ASD Students Choice to Increase Academic Success - June 21, 2017
- My Son with Aspergers: Through the eyes of a Father - June 15, 2017
- Resources to Aid Students with ASD in High School to College Transition - June 7, 2017
- How I Learned to Communicate my Inner Life with Aspergers - June 6, 2017
- Interview with the Mother and Filmmaker of a Mini-Documentary on a Larger than Life Girl with Autism - June 5, 2017