There is a new trend in Autism intervention called: Parent Mediated Approaches. Carrie Alvarado (Occupational Therapist with the Autism Community Network) explains how this practice may benefit siblings, parent-child connections, and possibly decrease levels of parental stress or depression.
We divided this up into 3 Vlogs:
1) What are Parent Mediated Approaches?
2) Reasoning Behind the Surge of Parent Mediated Approaches
3) The Research Supporting Parent Mediated Approaches and its benefits
The Autism Community Network is located in San Antonio, Texas with an emphasis on collaboration with autism service providers, early diagnosis, and providing services to underserved young children and their families.
This Medical Vlog series is graciously underwritten by:
Latest posts by Jennifer Allen (see all)
- Beginning School: My Sensory Overloads - March 23, 2017
- Academic and Campus Accommodations for College with Aspergers - March 21, 2017
- Finding the Functions of Behavior in ASD Children - March 16, 2017
- Kindness - March 15, 2017
- Consistency is Comfort – Aspergers Family Relationships - March 3, 2017