There is a new trend in Autism intervention called: Parent Mediated Approaches.
Carrie Alvarado, Occupational Therapist with the Autism Community Network, explains how this practice may benefit siblings, parent-child connections, and possibly decrease levels of parental stress or depression.
We divided this up into 3 Vlogs:
1) What are Parent Mediated Approaches?
2) Reasoning Behind the Surge of Parent Mediated Approaches
3) The Research Supporting Parent Mediated Approaches and its benefits
The Autism Community Network is located in San Antonio, Texas with an emphasis on collaboration with autism service providers, early diagnosis, and providing services to underserved young children and their families.
This Medical Vlog series is graciously underwritten by:
Latest posts by Jennifer Allen (see all)
- Dr. Temple Grandin: Discipline is Key - October 20, 2017
- Raeme Bosquez-Greer - October 19, 2017
- An Aspergers101 Exclusive… - October 18, 2017
- Choosing Your Child Over the Judgement of Others - October 17, 2017
- Aspergers and Sensitivity to Color: Interior Designer Focuses on Interiors for Those with Autism - October 3, 2017