Excellent basic overview of High Functioning Autism and Aspergers Syndrome!
The Coping to Excelling documentary sheds illuminating light on the topic of High-Functioning Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome in school-aged children. Narrated by a Mother of a son with Asperger’s, this engaging program allows the viewer to ‘see through the eyes’ of those on the high end of the autism spectrum while getting advice from experts such as Dr. Temple Grandin, Dr. Tony Attwood, Jennifer McIlwee Myers, Billy Edwards and many more!
“I would strongly recommend the Coping to Excelling DVD not only for parents, especially those of a newly diagnosed child, but also for teachers and professionals!”
– Dr. Tony Attwood
The DVD, Coping to Excelling, is divided into 5 chapters each lasting just over 10 minutes. The chapters may be viewed independently or the entire Documentary (lasting 68 minutes) may be viewed in it’s entirety.
- Understanding High-Functioning Autism or Asperger Syndrome – a broad overview
- The Family Unit – The importance thereof
- Choices in Education – Pro’s and con’s of all methods
- Bullying – re-enactments and solutions
- Social Development – suggestions and tools from the experts
Latest posts by Jennifer Allen (see all)
- Counteracting Anxiety, Depression, and Social Withdrawal in College - July 17, 2019
- Managing the Crushing Blow of Disappointment & Lies - July 8, 2019
- Does My Child Have Asperger Syndrome? - June 27, 2019
- Tips for the Asperger Driver When Being Pulled Over by an Officer - June 13, 2019
- AS101 Training for Employers - June 10, 2019