“Social Expectations: The inability to read facial expressions“
For neuro-typicals, reading facial expressions comes easy but for those on the spectrum this is near impossible. The difficulty that those with Autism experience in reading facial expressions is due to the different wiring in the frontal lobe of the brain. This Top of the Spectrum News video offers solutions and tools, such as observational learning.
Latest posts by yusuf (see all)
- Effects of Bullying: Dr. Tony Attwood - November 9, 2018
- Sprinkling Interests throughout the Day - March 28, 2018
- Aspergers Syndrome: The Challenge of Reading Facial Expressions - February 20, 2018
- AuTalkz - February 19, 2018
- Is Higher Education Ready to Support Students with Asperger’s Disorder? ~ Part 2 - May 30, 2017