“Social Expectations: The inability to read facial expressions“
For neuro-typicals, reading facial expressions comes easy but for those on the spectrum this is near impossible. The difficulty that those with Autism experience in reading facial expressions is due to the different wiring in the frontal lobe of the brain. This Top of the Spectrum News video offers solutions and tools, such as observational learning.
Latest posts by yusuf (see all)
- Aspergers Syndrome: The Challenge of Reading Facial Expressions - September 29, 2017
- Is Higher Education Ready to Support Students with Asperger’s Disorder? ~ Part 2 - May 30, 2017
- AS101: Growing your interests helps to strengthen your skills - February 7, 2017
- Driving with Autism Podcast - January 6, 2017
- DIR/Floortime Method for Social-Emotional Growth of Children with ASD - December 21, 2016